Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Psychology of a Band-Aid

After working with preschoolers for nearly a year, and babysitting on dozens of occasions, I could tell you the best cure for a scratch or boo-boo is a Band-Aid.

It doesn’t matter if it’s plain or has Mickey Mouse on it or Scooby Doo.

It just needs to be a Band-Aid.

It doesn’t even matter if they’re bleeding or not.

They’re still going to want a Band-Aid.

It makes them feel better and it reassures them that they’re going to be ok.

Whoever invented the Band-Aid was a genius. He created a common psychological necessity that will never go out of style.

I remember going through the same stage when I was a kid but now I’m in at place in my life where a Band-Aid doesn’t work as well anymore.

There’s not a Band-Aid for homesickness or lack of sleep or I have no motivation to do any homework whatsoever.

Truth is, nothing is ever going to be as easy as it was before.

But I can still go out and buy some Band-Aids no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment