Thursday, October 6, 2011

So Much to Give

Written on Sept. 8, 2011


the moth: caught behind the glass of the fireplace,

its wings frantically fluttering,

panicked, knowing there is no way out.

and i watch, knowing i can’t help him.

he runs along the glass, flying up

then falling.

and he’ll most likely do that

until he can’t

anymore.


Written Today


Sometimes I’m that moth.

I do the same thing over and over and get nowhere.

Then today, I found a quiet place.

I settled down and read my Bible.

I wrote in my journal and prayed.

I left my phone in my room and got away.

When I came out 2 hours had passed.

God has so much to say,

So much to give.

He is ever pursuing me and today I gave him time.

It makes the biggest difference.

It results in happiness & energy.

It fills me with love,

And now I’m overflowing.

Now I can say bring it on.

This won’t be easy, it never is.

But if God is on my side

Who can ever be against me?


Search me, O God, and know my heart;

test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Psalm 139:23

No comments:

Post a Comment