Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Road and Me

I had the strangest driving experience the other day.

I drove to Fort Collins to visit one of my closest friends and on the way there and back I encountered some of the thickest fog I have ever seen.

On the way there it swelled like a cloud and when I drove into it I couldn’t see a thing but the taillights of the cars in front of me.  It was so thick I thought I was driving through snow.  But no, it was just extremely intense fog.  

However, the drive back proved to be more interesting.  This time the fog was only on the sides of the roads, as if it had tried to creep onto the road but had been pushed back by the rushing flow of cars.  In addition, I could see on top of the layer of fog.  So there were random trees that I could only see the tops of, and in some cases the bottom.  The entire mid section of the trees was cut out by a blanket of fog. 

It gave me the feeling that, if I were to drive off the road, I would have fallen off a cliff like it happens in Mario Cart.  I could see perfectly in front of me, but I couldn’t see anything to the sides. 

It was just the road and me.

If only life was always like that.  Take this path, since it’s the only one you can see.

It’s not though.

Which is why I suppose it’s so interesting, and so dang fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment