Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Mile High

This morning I attempted (keyword attempted) to work out.

It’s amazing how much your body adapts after living in one spot for 3 months. 

In my case I went from living at 5280ft to living at sea level.  I could run like no ones business when I first moved to Seattle and now I’m back in Denver for a month.

I knew that I wasn’t going to be able to run as well, due to the lack of oxygen, but I had no idea that it would get to me this bad. 

As soon as I entered the gym I headed for the stair climbing machines (I’m not sure if there is an actual name for them or not).  I knew it would be good for my leg muscles, and maybe it would be slightly easier that trying to run.  I set the timer for 40 minutes and I couldn’t breathe by the time I had climbed stairs for 15 minutes at a rate of about 45 per minute.

I was a bit frustrated.

I could have climbed stairs 40 minutes before I had lived in Seattle, no problem.  I made it to 20 minutes and called it quits. 

Apparently my body won’t have time to adjust in the month that it’s here, so it’s going to continue to be like this every time I try to work out.

There’s only one good thing I’ve discovered from this. 

The Broncos are going to be able to breathe tomorrow, while the Patriots struggle.

That’s right, we’re a mile high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment