Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Newest Enemy


Growing up, my Mom would often create a chore list every Saturday morning.  Or during the week she would randomly assign us tasks.

One of these was dusting, which I never understood at that age.  I didn’t see the need to clean dust off the shelves that I could not see.  I didn’t care if there was a thin layer of dust coating everything in my room.

Now I do. 

And suddenly it seems like it’s everywhere.

I don’t understand where all of it is coming from, and I don’t have a good way to clean all of it off either.  I just brush it off, but then it hovers in the air and settles somewhere else. 

This is one of the small things no one ever explains about college life.  No one ever told me, “Make sure you take some Pledge and a dusting rag, because that dust will just settle every where and drive you mad.”

I have no idea if I’m the only one that has this problem.  I haven’t really bothered to ask anyone else about it.

Lately Christmas music has started playing in stores, and decorations are being put up, but my only thought is all I want for Christmas is a can of Pledge.

I seriously think I’ll have to bring some back with me next quarter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment