Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Crave Art

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. If you eat breakfast you’ll be more ready to conquer the day instead of letting it drag you on a leash. My Mom is always reminding me to eat a healthy breakfast.

But I really wish I could just eat art.

Going to an amazing art museum is easily the equivalent of breakfast. A breakfast with toast, scrambled eggs, and a glass of orange juice (which happens to be my favorite thing to eat in the morning if I do eat.)

Today I finally found some time for my art. I played the piano for nearly 30 minutes. I wasn’t keeping track of time so maybe it was longer. Time loses all definition when I’m playing the piano—I always play whatever I want.

Songs that are mine.

Songs that aren’t.

Songs that I make up on the spot.

Now I understand why people are so intrigued with music therapy. Because it works.

Then tonight I had drawing class. The best words came out of my professor’s mouth. “Tonight will be the most I’ll ever talk. I hardly want to talk during class. I want you guys to draw.”

Goodbye high school art class. I’m going to draw for 2 hours every Tuesday and Thursday.

The class may be from 5:00 to 7:20 at night, which cuts out my time to eat dinner, but it will most certainly be my favorite.

I’ll enjoy a healthy serving of creativity.

And a snack later.

No comments:

Post a Comment